From decorating, to cooking, to donating, you can use your talents to give back in fun and easy ways. We’ve got some exciting volunteer opportunities for you to sign up for this season.
- Get creative while decorating. Decorate with United way this season. Find out more info here
- Ever wanted to Play Santa Claus? Operation Santa Claus is looking for someone like you to give back.
- Do you love to cook during the holiday season? Give back at Volunteer at Someone Cares Kitchen
- Lift up spirits for kids in need by donating toys in CHLA here.
- Donate blood at your local hospitals.
So which one speaks to you?
Don’t forget our special annual Donation Drive
This time last year Mixx put together a donation drive for mothers in need. Starting today through December 22nd, Mixx is again accepting in-studio donations of supplies (listed below) for the women of Mercy House.
WHAT IS MERCY HOUSE?
Mercy House provides housing and supportive services to individuals and families who are dealing with housing insecurity or homelessness with the goal of ending this devastating cycle.
LAST YEAR’S SUCCESS
Thanks to you, our Mixx Family, we grossed $248 in monetary donations, with an average donation of $44.
Overall, we had ~1,380 items donated including items bought with the monetary donations.
Now, we invite you again to make another big difference in the lives of these women.
WHY GET INVOLVED?
Former Mixx instructor Tess, and I, have personally worked with the women of Regina House – a separate Mercy House facility for women and their children – to teach them stress-management through yoga.
They are such beautiful, strong people in need of our support.
Please join us in this drive by donating any new, unopened supplies from the list below. Just drop them off at Mixx Studio and we’ll take it from there!
CAN’T MAKE IT IN-PERSON?
You can donate money for supplies too!
to donate via Go Fund Me
|DONATE SUPPLIES IN-STUDIO:
Bring to 1000 Bristol St. N Suite 14, Newport Beach before December 22nd.
1. Personal Hygiene products:
- Body wash
- Hair gel/spray
- Body lotion
2. Baby products
- Sippy cups
- Baby food
3. Household products:
- Laundry soap or fabric softener
- Food gift cards
- Gas gift cards
- Bus passes